Saturday, February 11, 2012

Short term memory loss

O K I have promised myself that even if its meaningless dribble I will try and post some short little story or witty quote at least twice a week, my first one for this week you can see below and its called the price of coal.  A few nights back I was trying to recall which or where i could find my latest project of writing.  I have entered a few poems into writing competitions and hope that they come somewhere, so being caught up in that has caused me to forget where my present project is. 
I was looking for what some of you know as my NANO.  For those of you that don't its not a book about elves.  At the end of last year and every year there is a writing extravaganza where you have a month to write 50k this year I only managed about 15K and although I didn't reach the target at the end of it was left with a hefty chunk of writing certainly more than I have ever written in a single month.  Some of my fellow writers managed really well and completed it.  A few others didn't manage to complete it but like me they have a great chunk of words to expand on, and this alone was a great accomplishment. 
My Nano is actually the second in a series of four books.  The first one is on hold as I am dedicating my time to finishing my Nano and although they are all linked it will be the last one that brings them together so it is of no real importance if it's the first second or third one that is finished first. 
For the first time I have recently printed off my 20k that it now is and I am so excited at what I have written and I think that's the key.  I love the fact its now on paper staring at me and although its first draft and very rusty my chunk of book is amazing.  This is giving me the burning drive to complete it and say "yes, that's mine!"  a fellow writer in  the writing group I 'nip' onto from time to time (ROFL) has written a few brilliant ebooks and recently started the process of getting them printed and I loved it when he posted about the thrill of seeing his first book actually on paper and it sitting on his mantle piece ( sorry Kevin if that was the wrong place) and just from printing a few pages if this is how I feel wow its going to be amazing to finish so head down fingers typing for me, I need to finish so that's it for today have a great weekend and week to come everyone I wonder what my word count will be this time next week, fingers crossed I focus and do well.

1 comment: