Monday, September 5, 2011

To My Nan

I wrote this poem and said it at my nan's funeral last year.  This poem is not about being sad its telling her that we will always love her and thanking her for being with us.  She was a very special lady and our family were lucky to have her with us for so many years.  At the time even googling I couldn't find anything really appropriate, so in the end I wrote this.

Nan

They Broke the mould the day they made you,
Angel from above,
You took us in, you gave us warmth and
Your eternal love.

To know you was a privilege,
A space we cannot fill,
Although you can't be with us,
Your spirit always will.

Ninety two years of glory,
Mother, Sister, Wife, Nan and Friend
So this is our farewell to you,
Our tribute at the end.

You may not be in our world
As the person that you are,
But we know that you are with us,
And that you care,
Our biggest brightest star.



No comments:

Post a Comment